Monday, May 18, 2009

It's been a busy week

As I mentioned last week, I've been trying to finish my nanowrimo novel, and you know what that means - lots of procrastination.

I finished Julia's scarf - hopefully she doesn't see this before I get it to her, but considering she hasn't updated her blog in over a month, I doubt it. Here are photos of it washing and blocking, hopefully I will get some photos of her modelling it soon!


Gabriel wasn't too happy about modelling it for me.

This was done with Cascade Quattro wool and is softer than I thought it would be.

This weekend I did up a quick Everlasting Bagstopper for my friend Joanne, I was shocked at what a quick knit it turned out to be. Right now it's drying and I still need to attach a handle, but I wanted it to untwist a bit first.



This was done with Lily Sugar'n Cream Solid in Sage Green.
I just finished my first "official" refasion project. It was a small one, but considering I haven't sewn in years and halfway through I was reminded why, when Kid1 yelled at me to come wipe his bum, I am proud of myself. All I did was hand sew a lace bit into a pretty little thrift store top, but yes I am proud of it. I can now wear it without breasts falling out everywhere, and the people rejoiced!


While looking through old clothes in storage I came across a very small (read: high-school size) floor length linen skirt I think I can salvage, I cut off the top and am planning to put an elastic in the waist where it actually fits me now for a cute knee-length white skirt that I will probably then dye, I'm not certain a white skirt looks very good on me.



I have a pair of "well worn" jeans I am planning to dye for a darker, more vintage, and hopefully better look.


Once I am done these projects I am going to start figuring out what to do with this load of fabrics that have been sittin gin storage for years. I think the shiny pink in the upper left will make a gorgeous circle skirt. The shiny purple fabric in teh front is actually a floor length skirt I sewed many years ago that I hope to salvage into something. The rest I'm not quite sure what they will become, but it's time to get to work on them!



I don't know how moms do this all and blog about it. My first thought was a meth habit but seeing photos of them with all their teeth makes me think that's not it.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

ohhh, love it! the scarf and everything ready to tackle!