Monday, June 15, 2009

12 days

I realize I haven't updated this blog in 12 days. What can I say, I'm a slacker. I got myself a pink Dell Inspiron 15 so I can hang out outside with the boys and still get stuff done. I finished another Everlasting Bagstopper, this one for Amy and made out of a recycled cotton Eddie Bauer sweater. She is moving to Hawaii in July so I knew I couldn't knit her something from wool, and I think this will be perfect. She is the one that originally taught me how to knit so I think it's particularly fitting. I used a linen stitch to get a good firm strap, and that thing took longer than the rest of the bag! I don't have a photo with the strap done but here it is:



And "in use":



I've also started on Entomology from the summer knitty that was released last week. I am so excited about this pattern, as soon as I saw it I knew I had a pattern for my first lace attempt. So far it's going pretty well, I did the first chart a few times to get the hang of it, and now I'm half way through my second repeat of the second chart. The further I go the better it's getting, and I'm learning a lot. At least I'm at the point where I can fix my mistakes and make it look like part of the pattern! I'm using the softest cashmere from another recycled Eddie Bauer sweater:



The only problem with this pattern is it's kind of difficult for me to do with 2 little kids climbing all over me and screaming for my attention, which obviously makes most things harder, but counting to 15 is sometimes just too much for me!

2 comments:

Nicola said...

crafty crafty!
and i enjoyed some blogging time on my laptop on our deck today while the kids played. lovely!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

PolkaDotGaloshes said...

love your blog and love love love your craftyness! you could so sell those bags, very cool!