Friday, July 10, 2009

Demarle products

This afternoon I tested out my new Demarle products. A friend had a Demarle party a couple of weeks ago and I went, fairly skeptical, but wanting a silpat. After the party I like what I saw enough to get a few items: the silpat, the roulpat (for non-stick rolling), a perforated tray (for the silpat to sit on for more even baking), and a mini muffin tray.



I tried to "wing it" and make some fruit tartlet type things, which turned out yummy but didn't stay together. All I did was press an oatmeal crust (1 cup oatmeal, half a cup of sugar, a quarter cup of melted margarine) into the bottoms of the tray, and covered with fruit. Xander likes the blueberry ones best.





The Demarle products are great for this, because NOTHING sticks to this tray! Everything slid right out, and you don't need to use any oil or spray; cleanup is a breeze too, so it's a lot easier to try recipes you think might fail, knowing it will only take 3 minutes to get rid of the evidence!

After my failure I had to try something that worked so I did some tried and true banana muffins from Grand Slam: More Recipes from the Best of Bridge.



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3 cups mashed bananas
  • 4 well beaten eggs
  • 2.5 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Cream together butter and sugar. Add bananas and eggs, beat until well mixed. Sift together dry ingredients, blend with banana mixture, careful not to overmix. Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

are either of those over liners? i desperately want one so i can quit lining my oven with foil! the stores that carry them around here are out of stock.

hey there! you were selected on my blog for pay it forward! would you email me with your mailing info so i can send a little something your way?
italy_nicola@yahoo.com

nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

elaida said...

No, I actually talked to the Demarle rep today and she said you can not use these as oven liners, they would warp from being so close to the heating elements, and they don't sell anything like that. They are heat resistant up to 480 degrees so they are great to cook on, I did chicken on one last night and it works great, no need for foil :)